View Single Post
Old 08-15-14, 02:18 PM
twolegs

Bikes: R J Quinn road bike with Reynolds 531cs tubing, Lombardo Hiker 6061 aluminium tubing, Dawes road bike 531c, Dawes road bike 531st, Peugeot road bike reynolds 753

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ive heard that two frames of the same size make etc.. will not be exactly the same in terms of performance as slight differences at the joints will affect the performance...so it doesnt always follow that one frame is better than another material wise... a lighter carbon frame and lighter wheels are the two biggies id say.. all else is really variable.. so its hard to compare like for like...mind you at the higher end bikes its a law of diminishing returns.. it takes a lot of innovation and cash to make you go that little bit faster.... when i was young and fit (not like now) my performance would vary on the same bike day by day week by week.. sometimes id fly and sometimes felt like i had an anchor dragging behind me... so your metabolism will have a lot to do with it, even with great weight loss... in short.. a carbon bike should out perform an aluminium one.. all else being equal