Thread: Hybrid Newbie
View Single Post
Old 08-15-14, 05:12 PM
bicyclridr4life
Bicyclerider4life

Bikes: Huffy Beach Cruisers, Miami Sun Trike, Vertical PK7, KHS Montana Summit, Giant Cypress DX, Schwinn OCC Stingray

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Who Dey3334
. I think you should look for a bike that has a 35 or 38c tire personally and another thing, don't worry about if a bike has a suspension fork....you might even like it who knows? Test ride bikes with and without suspension forks and then make your decision.

I mean if you are going to become a serious rider and you are going to be busting out 20-30 miles on a regular basis you may want the 28c tires but if you just going to ride the bike path or your neighborhood 4 or 5 miles at a time I would probably go for more of what they call a comfort hybrid if it were me. I have a Sirrus Comp which is somewhat comparable to the two bikes that you are looking at and I gotta tell you that when I hit large cracks in the road and bumps I really feel them big time. I also have a comfort hybrid with a suspension fork (Giant Cypress DX) and that is the bike I choose to ride the neighborhood 9 out of 10 times and it's really nice the comfort and smooth ride that it gives me...and it also has more of an upright seating position which makes the bike comfortable. .
Nice to know I'm not the only one who chose the Giant Cypress DX. (bought mine in 2003)