View Single Post
Old 08-16-14, 05:29 PM
vancouver80

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FamilyMan007
I am not convinced a better lock would have prevented this. Seems to me your bike was noticed by someone while you were riding, and 'targetted' for being stolen. In such circumstances locks would need to be pretty unbelievable to withstand the unwanted attention. Same thing happened several years ago to my daughter's new bike - it was not an expensive bike at all, BUT it was a lovely bright red & white colour which must have stood out when she took it for her one-and-only ride to show off to her grandmother!

While a stronger lock is always preferable to a weak one (and much preferable to no lock) - other possibilities include; (i) assess if there is somewhere out-of-sight' you could store the bike while at home; (ii) Alternatively one could choose a 'colour which is less noticeable.
I think so too... there were other bikes that weren't even chained up or locked! And good bikes too! My fiance said that my bike is rather unique in terms of colour and that Cannondale is brand that's bound to get noticed. I've submitted my insurance claim already, but I don't think I will be getting the same bike