Old 08-17-14, 04:37 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 181 Posts
Use satellite maps to find a route

I saw your thread by accident while looking at what was up in the Great Lakes regional discussion. It made me curious as I used to ride in Wisconsin when I lived there long ago (Sauk City on US HY 12). Here's a link to google maps for the Reedsburg area https://www.google.com/maps/@43.5322821,-89.8861997,13z

If you expand the map, you can read the names of the local roads that run parallel to the two state routes connecting Reedsburg and Wisconsin Dells - WI-33 and WI-23. For example, 8th Street Reedsburg becomes S Reedsburg Road and then N Reedsburg Road heading east. Then there are a bunch of roads heading north that will get you close to town. It's amazing how much information you can get online these days. You can even use Google maps in satellite mode to see if there are bike paths along any of the larger roads. There is a beautiful one along US HY 12 between the east end of Sauk City to the Madison area. I had to ride the shoulders of HY 12 when I lived there. I took time to look at the old place I lived. It hasn't changed much.