Old 08-18-14, 10:47 AM
baron von trail 

Bikes: 3 good used ones

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WonderMonkey
I do agree that IS comfortable. Some people get UNCOMFORTABLE as they lose weight and their body shape and look changes. They feel odd. Even though they SHOULD be feeling better (unless they crashed to get to the lower weight) they don't.

Small example: In high school as a junior I settled in at playing football at 215lbs as a receiver. In our school (small school) I we either in at the line (tight end) or split out a bit to do short routes. I was in good shape at a bf% that I felt was good. However.... in baseball I felt more comfortable pitching at 225lbs (or thereabouts). Just felt better. Felt odd lighter.

I know the example is a performance based feeling but some have troubles getting used to their lower weight and body shape and derail themselves because of it. Instead of thinking "Where am I healthiest?" they go a different way. Maybe not even consciously. I get to talk to people frequently who are going through this.
I remember riding at under 190 lbs. Wow. I could really fly. One winter later, I'm at 210.

I guess for me, the uncomfortable part of gaining weight takes time to set in because I did not really notice those 20 lbs as they were coming on. I noticed it the next season when all my summer stuff no longer fit and I struggled up hills. Nonetheless, that did not stop me from gaining 20 more pounds the following winter.