View Single Post
Old 08-20-14, 12:10 AM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Not all 25s are created equal. I went through a couple sets of Michelin Optimum Pros. I really liked their road feel and grip, but, sidewall cuts were their weakness. However, although they are listed as 25mm, they run closer to 28mm.

Prior to those I attempted to run some 25mm Vittoria Rubino Pros on the recommendation of a friend. Worst tire I've had the displeassur of riding in a long time. Lack grip, road feel and aren't particularly puncture resistant. But, cheap and long wearing.

Prior to those, Maxxis Re-fuses. Great puncture resistance and excellent grip. But, slow and not long wearing.

For that last year and a half or so I've been running mostly Continental GP 4 Seasons in 25mm front/28mm rear. They run close to marked size. And seem to offer the right blend of traction, puncture protection and road feel for me. Their short comings are reduced milage and cost. I've suffered very few flats with them. But, have still lost two to sidewall cuts.

When I find some GP4000s in 28mm I'll give them a try as well. Until then, I'm sticking with the GP 4 Seasons.