View Single Post
Old 08-20-14, 07:58 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Finally a somewhat decent day for bike commuting, with "only" a 30-percent chance of afternoon storms. Very humid and warm, but it felt good to be riding. My commute started out great with all green lights through the first half of the ride, but I must have caught every red light in the second half, slowing down my pace considerably.

My big news for the day is that I finally caught the mouse that has been eating up my granola bars for the past few months. First he got into my stash of bars in the garage, so I moved them into the pantry inside the house, thinking the problem was solved. The mouse apparently developed quite a taste for granola bars because he then figured out how to get in the house and caused havoc in our kitchen and pantry. Called an exterminator, who set out a bunch of poison baits that did no good at all. So I bought some plain, old-fashioned mouse traps and baited them with granola bars "glued" to the traps with peanut butter. One of the traps killed a mouse last night, and hopefully that is the only one.