Old 08-21-14, 04:51 AM
Steve Urquell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yashinon
I have been feeling the Hardcase 700 x 35 tires also. You helped me make the decision to replace the tires. I had been thinking about it because i do like my 7.3 FX. The tires don't do it justice!

BTW - nice bike and good upgrade choices!
Those Bontragers are probably bulletproof if you run over a bunch of glass and roadside bombs but not necessary for me running on relatively clean MUPs. They felt like car tires coming off the rims--sidewall stiff as the tread so I have no loss of comfort going to the shorter sidewall 25s.

My buddy and I meet up for pre-work rides and usually ride 12miles in <55 minutes. He couldn't keep up after I switched the tires and holding 20mph on flat ground was a breeze with the new tread. It accelerated downhill scarily with my hands on the front part of the trekking bar. I placed a Nashbar order and he had me put some road tubes in it so he could dust off his Cannondale road bike to keep pace.

It really is a night and day transformation. Can't believe the difference. Now I just need to find a carbon fork...