View Single Post
Old 08-21-14, 10:44 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Got caught in a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon and fled for cover in a nearby city park. I had checked the radar before leaving work and the skies looked clear, but the humidity levels are so high right now that storms can develop very quickly. I started noticing the dark skies about halfway home and then it started thundering and lightning a lot, so I pulled out my iPhone to check my radar app and I was heading right into the belly of the beast. Fortunately I was close to the park, which had a community center where I could hole out for 30-45 minutes. Got home later than usual but dry except for the sweat.

Ironically, yesterday had the lowest percent chance of rain in the past 5 days according the local forecasters but that's when it got me. I drove on Monday and Tuesday because the forecast called for 70-80% chance of storms, but I could have made it home both days without hitting rain. That is what's so frustrating about our current weather pattern -- the rain is virtually unpredictable.