View Single Post
Old 08-22-14, 10:00 AM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrickards
Warm and humid but no rain today (strange, given the weather system this "summer").

Quiet ride on the highway this morning due to a fatal accident last night that has the highway closed off. The highway was closed to westbound traffic at Long Lake Rd and at Southview Dr: I was travelling east from Southview to Long Lake so I was ok to use it and encountered only 4 vehicles along the 8km/5mi, I even rode in the middle of the road for a short distance LOL.
Too bad about the accident and the fatality. But pretty sweet when you get a road like that to yourself. I have driven that highway several times and you can get speed up and misjudge things on the rollers (if it is the stretch I am thinking of).

After home sick for two days back on the bike today. I tried to go yesterday but it was not going well so I went home, drove the kid to daycare and slept all day. My wife can home, said I looked awful and asked if I just slept all day. This morning I feel like a million bucks.

Nice ride this morning it was cool, fairly quite and it is Friday. I had someone yell to get off the road at me, from two lanes over. When he yelled I just smile and though, my goodness he looks like a toad; I guess he needed to get that off his chest. I was taking it kinda easy when he yelled but I still ended with a number two on my sole KOM stretch.

I am looking forward to a nice weekend, maybe get a ride on my new only rode once by me road bike. I will see how I feel, maybe get a hill climb.