View Single Post
Old 08-22-14, 12:52 PM
MikeRides

Bikes: Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
It wasn't raining at 4:30 this morning so I rode in, so glad I did since I wouldn't have made it in otherwise. The creek at the end of my road flowed over and flooded the road, and there was one particular spot on the state road that was flooded higher than usual. Traffic was closed to all traffic but there's always that one idiot that ignores the warnings and goes around the barricade. He wound up stranded in about 3.5 feet of water from last night's storms and had no idea where he was to call AAA for a tow. When I got to the diner, I called the local garage to let them know there was someone stuck out on the road that needed a tow. I hope the guy learned his lesson, an expensive one as it's going to cost him at least $2000 to replace his engine. I've been wondering all day whether auto insurance covers stupidity. Anyway, days like today make me thankful I commute by bike... I can pedal through water, or walk through it if it's too deep. Another plus, I don't have to wash my bike now as it was covered in mud yesterday, and I was too busy when I got home yesterday to wash it off - the puddle did it for me this morning, all I had to do was towel dry and re-lube it.