View Single Post
Old 08-23-14, 10:48 PM
GravelMN

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
Maybe he was a hair dresser and really didn't like your hair style/cut. And... if you knew it was the haircut and not the tights.... would you have cared? Maybe... he didn't think you smelled as fresh as you had thought you did (and maybe he actually smelled himself and only thought it was you).

I can be really self conscience about sweat/salt rings.... the white ones that can collect on my helmet straps and/or do-rag. I guess we all have a desire to put a best-foot forward. Do you really think he remembered you by the time he got where he was going?
I hear ya and usually don't give a rip about a snide comment or some wise guy. As already mentioned, no tights, but even if I was in spandex, don't particularly care if someone doesn't like the way it looks. If I'm sweaty I try to avoid getting too close to anyone and I wasn't all that close to this guy.

What made this encounter stand out was the disgusted, even angry expression on his face and the repeated glares as he was leaving. The cashier watched him as he left and then turned back to me with a WTH look. I can't remember having met or even seen him before, was 40 miles from home on quiet rural roads with no incidents with other vehicles for quite a long time. Did he remember me after he left the store? I hope not because the way he acted there, I'm not sure what would have happened with him behind the wheel on a country road with no witnesses.