Old 08-24-14, 05:52 PM
Stas87

Bikes: road and track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
I forgot to put wheels in the pit, too busy looking after Junior. All good, I got shelled early on. My teammates attacked from the *** and the high pace sawed maybe 3 teammates off the back. It's one thing knowing what's going to happen, it's another to be able to follow it. It was fun to watch the race and one of the guys Aaron that started this season as a 5 ended up 3rd in the race. He raced really smart, we had one guy Lance that was a dedicated leadout. Aaron and Lance tried to go on Lap 1, realized pretty quickly that no one was letting them go. Lance kept the pace high with the third break guy Stan, Aaron sat in. Due to the wet I told Aaron to go early - the curving sprint meant the riders' rear tires would break loose in the sprint and I felt that going early would handicap those trying to come around at the finish. Ends up everyone's wheels were slipping and one guy crashed when he jumped, exactly the scenario I thought would happen. The only thing was that the finish line was just a bit further up the road than on Tuesday Nights. If it were in the same place Aaron would have gotten 2nd but the he was fading hard and got 3rd. A fun night even thought it was wet.

Also a good dinner with Shovel after. I got home at midnight, one of my precious few nights out this year instead of looking after Junior.
Super fun race, I'm absolutely coming back next year. I normally don't race when its wet, but I think the slick roads made it a better race IMO. My rear wheel slipped out and was able to avoid the crash in the last corner. I ended up 12th on the day; do you know if the guy crashed was hurt at all?