View Single Post
Old 08-25-14, 11:46 AM
Wooden Tiger

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Flash Alloy 2 (mountain bike), 2010 Schwinn Paramount Series 7 (road bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaeger99
Whether you agree with me or not is immaterial. It's a fact. The LBS as willing to swap out the OE saddle for a Prologo model they had in stock. They told me to try that one out for a week, and if I didn't like it I could return it. I didn't like it. I returned it and swapped for a different Prologo model (Scratch) that I freaking loved. Many happy miles on that one. Two saddle swaps, total cost = zero.

The tires they offered at a discount as I left them with the brand new OE tires. I think it was a grand total of $50.

So that's a very, very long way from "thousands" on an immediate saddle swap and tire upgrade as suggested by the OP.
Actually, it is very "material." That's all well and good YOUR LBS was kind enough to allow you to try a saddle for a week and if you didn't like it, you could return it. What your LBS "allows" you to do is just that...what your LBS "allows" you to do.

Not everyone has the luxury of getting free saddles, hence the reason they have price tags affixed to them. That's also a fact.