View Single Post
Old 08-25-14, 02:08 PM
trailrnr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
5'9 and 205+/- currently (haven't been on a scale in a couple of weeks) at age 60. Always, and I mean since the age of 25, have been thinking about losing weight. Call me a yo-yo. The shoe fits. Then again, I have never eaten anything accidentally, except the odd bug that flew in my mouth during a ride.

I have ridden nearly my whole life. Currently, I ride about 100 miles a week, which seems okay for the 8 months when the ground isn't covered in snow. Although I also run a little (used to be my prime until the 4th meniscus repair), swim, snowshoe, x/c ski, and lift, riding is my current athletic passion.

When I got my Trek Madone 5.2SL in 2007, it really rejuvenated my riding. Last year I added a Rocky Mountain 29er to the stable and am giving this whole mountain biking thing a go. Did my first mountain bike race last year, and am hoping by some miracle to become good at it, or at least intermediate. This year, I added a Ridley CX also, and have been riding gravel roads. Am thinking of dabbling in the cross scene this fall.

Riding keeps me young, as I feel like that 10 year old bombing around the streets of my small town until having to rush home to dinner.