View Single Post
Old 08-25-14, 11:49 PM
Velocivixen

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
@itstom- the tool sort of looks like an Allen wrench in the shape of the letter "U" & the ends, center to center, were 33 mm apart. It holds the rollers at specific distance so you can use 2 hands to pull cable & tighten. I did it without that tool. If you note on my photo above the brass rollers fit of one set of holes on the arm - inner holes or outer holes. I used the setup instructions from Mombat.org and, for the life of me, I could not get all of the recommended distances to match what the instructions were saying they should be. I finally tried moving the rollers to the other set of mounting holes and the measurements on all counts lined up perfectly. I had to reread the instructions after a couple of days of letting it marinate before I fully understood what they were saying, so I went back for another try and it worked out better. Initially I was frustrated because, although I thought I understood, I really didn't.

so if they don't seem right the first time around, step away, reread in a couple of days then try again. Once they're dialed in they stop very well.