View Single Post
Old 08-27-14, 01:06 PM
TeamG

Bikes: Serotta Single, Litespeed Ultimate, Cannondale CAAD 4, Calfee Tetra Tandem, Trek 1000 Sold, Santana Arriva, Sold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twocicle
Ah, so it is mechanical Ultegra 11spd shifters with the mechanical XTR 11spd (M9000) RD

There was a compatibility gap in the 10spd groups - road vs mtn due to a different dynasys throw ratio. That required one to use the 9spd mtn XTR RD with the 10spd road shifters. Now with the 11spd groups, throw ratios are back in synch.

I still can't get my brain wrapped around the fact that Shimano is not releasing any 11spd cassettes with 34t or 36t max cogs. You only get a 32t or a 40t cassette choice for big cogs

Regardless, it's neat to hear someone has already jumped on the super-sized cog setup.
Thank you for making sense of this....now I get it...the mix and match of MTN bike cassettes with the non 36 tooth Road cog (Shimano) was making me nuts.....probably just stick with the mountain bike cassettes.

Did I hear right on the rumors that Shimano is coming out with a 36 tooth road cassette? Will require a longer hanger over the current Ultegra derailleur?