Old 08-28-14, 11:16 AM
westlafadeaway

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
And your next job will be . . . . ?
I should know very soon. She is an attorney and my boss was basically begging her to become a partner- he was turning (and is now) 70 and he wants someone here in case he can't work suddenly. So out of the blue she approached him and said she'd take it. Here's the thing: she was 2 months pregnant and knew. 8 months later she goes on maternity for 3 months and then decides she can't work Fridays because "her nanny only works Monday to Thursday". Seriously. My boss is 70 and puts in 160 hours, comes in on the weekend. She barely pulls 100 hours. It's a messed up situation and my managing partner can't seem to say anything but it bothers him. I'm in a master's program and I was trying to bide my time because the work load here is manageable. I'm just glad she told me how she really feels- cyclists should risk their lives to not avoid a pothole that might kill them, so we don't spill her soy double late.

As far as biking in a straight line- I certainly agree, but if there are cars behind you, a little wiggle as you are starting to take the lane helps to wake them up. It's a controlled wiggle and I learned it here- otherwise as you take the lane you might have someone trying to beat you. That's how she described the incident- she used her hands to indicated it was less than 1 foot, just as he was approaching cars and was taking the lane.