View Single Post
Old 08-28-14, 03:40 PM
Yendor72

Bikes: 2016 Trek Emonda SL, 2016 Framed Wolftrax

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
5'6" weighed in this morning at 218.2lbs. I'm a big boy but I want to get back on 2 wheels. I have a tadpole trike I have been riding with my wife (She has a 2013 Giant Escape RX1 W) and we've gotten ourselves off to a decent start. Our average speed is going up (13.8mph) and we are doing longer rides. We started with short 10 mile rides to just get the feel of if it was something my wife wanted to do. That has escalated to some 17.2 mile rides because that is a convenient turn around point. We recently did a 42.6 mile ride and suffered no ill affects. My problem is, I can't help her when she is tired by letting her draft off me. My tadpole trike hardly feels the wind and I want to be able to drag her up to a higher average speed.

My issue is that a bike seat makes all my boy parts numb and puts me into pain overload. We have an upright stationary trainer and I can only last 30 minutes on it (even with an upgraded seat) before I have to call it quits, and that is with me standing and adjusting every 8-10 minutes.

Any bike and seat recommendations for someone my height with my issues or am I better off staying on my tadpole trike?