Old 08-30-14, 08:48 AM
cobrabyte
one life on two wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by IcySmooth52
I don't think that many understand the concept of this thread.

What bikes will be remembered from these times in the industry, and will they be looked upon as desirable due to their representation of the time (how bikes were in the 2010's). It seems late 70's and early 80's bikes are what people like as classic rides these days because of their lugged construction and fine Reynolds or Columbus steels. Most 90's bikes don't seem to have that desire.

Perhaps the Cannondale SuperSIX will be what people want because kevlar-glass bikes of the future don't give a 'ride' like carbon bikes of this decade. I doubt Giant Defys will be something ridden as a sexy restored roadie.
Depends on what bikes you consider classic / vintage. If you want to talk strictly road bikes, that's ok, it's your thread, but there's more to classic & vintage bikes than the classic road racing machines of yesteryear...and there's more to current production bikes than Trek Madones and Specialized Tarmacs.

I personally think Soma, Surly, Rivendell are producing bikes that many folks will consider collectable in the future. Not to mention the large number of smaller custom builders. In the road bike realm, I think of Litespeed, Waterford, and of course Serotta. And yes, even some of the carbon wonders of today will surly be desired