Old 10-20-05, 09:18 PM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 850 Times in 386 Posts
Originally Posted by Revit
how much are powdercoating usually?
Well, I have had 3 bikes powder-coated by an industrial powder-coater that does huge orders and we just threw my frame and fork in with the order and it got done. Very cheap and I guess, under the table. I paid 60$ for my Ciocc because it was just my frame being done, nothing else. I had two other bikes, a Miele and a Colnago, done for 30$ and 20$ respectively. The Miele was 30$ because it was a matte black and the Colnago was supposed to be 30$ too but something got messed up and there was a bit of run-off on the head-tube, so they only charged me 20$ for the frame and fork which was fine with me as it is hardly noticable. Both of them were thrown in with a big order of patio chairs being powder-coated, which made the whole thing pretty cheap.

Originally Posted by operator
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...6&page=8&pp=25

jet posted some pics a page or two after said page.
Oh great, thanks, I forgot about that. I actualy think that I might get my next project professionally painted. Powder-coating is great but I think it fades a bit with time. Sure, it is cheap to re-do it, but a nicely painted bike is just so cherry lookin'.

Last edited by jet sanchEz; 10-20-05 at 09:27 PM.