View Single Post
Old 09-01-14, 07:07 PM
Honey_Bee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for the replies! It was really helpful and I have learned a lot. I considered writing a letter to the editor of the paper, but now I know to make sure it is on record and to look into the matter further.

Unfortunately I do not have biking buddies to come along with me- and yes, this did happen out in the country.

I will check out the links tomorrow- excited to find something!!!

As for being waterproof, I guess I could always bring a plastic baggy and some rubber bands in case it started raining.

Lastly, I have considered getting my permit to carry- or at the very least a strong stun *** and mace to go along from my camera.

I have had pit bulls, english mastiffs, german shepherds, and mutts come after me.

One dog IS on camera, he kept trying to circle me. I was REALLY scared. That was before I bought my "dog repellent." I thought I was going to have to use my bike as a weapon. I had to slowly inch away as the owers werent home--- so no one came to get the dog.

I love dogs and was raised around dogs. But I also know how fast they can attack, or at least wreck a bike, injuring an owner. I have stitches under my nose from a dog attack when I was about 5 years old, and two of my nieces were visciously attacked by dogs- both of them mauled- attacked for just standing there.

This is not to say I am not a dog lover, I truly am. But dogs do need to be controlled.

Again, thanks you guys!