View Single Post
Old 10-21-05, 01:01 AM
MajikMan
Hirsuite moustache'd

Bikes: 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert, ~1995 Cannondale F500, 1984 Peugeot PSVN (fixie converstion)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I took my new (bright pink) Centurian out for the first time today on the rail trails in Morgantown, WV (home) - got a good 14 or so miles in, I think - no computer yet....I rode to the end of the trail, and through town a bit to get to the trailhead and home. Riding more to make adjustments and get used to the frame than anything.

The bike rode so much smoother than I could have expected a bike that hadn't been tuned or cleaned in a while (but also not ridden much) to be. I guess my spot-derailer adjuestment worked well enough.

One question - I know going small chainring->large cog or vice versa is bad, but does this apply on double chainrings as well?

As I speak, it'st starting to rain, and it looks like no riding this weekend, and at least through Tuesday because of the hurricane....they're saying it could even snow here on Monday or Tuesday. I guess I could get some polishing compound for my dremel and go over the chrome parts, maybe drive to the LBS and start working on resetting the bearings..........I think I'm hooked.

P.S. - Riding a road frame for the first time after riding nothing but mountain bikes in various mutations for years feels very strange at first.

Last edited by MajikMan; 10-21-05 at 01:27 AM.