Old 09-03-14, 06:24 PM
bruised

Bikes: Salsa Beargrease Carbon, Sette Razzo Carbon 29er

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tigat
Bruised: that's a pretty ambitious move. I know the area pretty well, and looking at the ride profile, there are alot of shorter climbs that don't add up to a ton of vertical. So I'd say stick with the mtn bike and some slicks, rather than taking a chance on a new to you piece of eqipment that's going to fit and ride differently. At 12mph, you're just a bit over 8 hours in the saddle, so with a 10 minute rest, hydrate and refuel stop every 15 miles, you'll be done in plenty of time. Only you know if you can tolerate the saddle or generate that kind of effort, but the worst that can happen is a ride in the SAG wagon. This looks to be a beautiful and really well supported ride.
Thanks Tigat, I think that's good advice.
Door County is beautiful and the hills are not too challenging. I live in Egg Harbor so I bike the area all the time and have a good feel for what to expect. So I'm optimistic and really excited about it.
I'll need to start reading up on what people do to prepare ahead of time....i.e exercise/biking routines for the week leading up.

I know I'm starting to sound like a drama queen, but I'm just new to all of this and the bike has been the catalyst for losing a lot of weight that I've been hauling around for over a decade. So I'm enjoying the benefits that come from being a moderately fit and mobile 52 yr old, versus a couch potato with no energy or enthusiasm for life.
It's all good...

Thanks again!