Old 09-03-14, 08:28 PM
orcas island 

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 238 Times in 109 Posts
Went for a Stumpjumper and came home with a bonus...

Found a nice 1984 Stumpjumper Sport on my local Craigslist and set up an appointment to pick it up this am. Oldest son is needing a bike to take to college and I knew that it would be a good one for him in that I had owned an identical bike in 1984. The bike was in very nice vintage shape, ran like a top, and was very inexpensive to boot. Had a very enjoyable talk with the seller ( a guy just a few years older than I) and we compared notes about old bikes and other interests. Long story short, he says that he has something in the garage for me to see. Out comes his 1971 Peugeot PX 10, admittedly kind of rough-around-the-edges, but cool.
He basically threw it in to the original deal as a freebie after he saw my appreciation for the brand and the fine bike that this had been. It's missing it's original wheelset, derailleurs and pedals and was repainted long ago to make it less attractive to thieves (mission accomplished!), but is otherwise intact. 1971 with fancy Nervex lugs, Stronglight drillum crank and headset, Mafac brakes, Belri? stem.
The repaint looks pretty funky; might there be any tricks to removing it and preserving the underlying original white paint?
Great, engaging seller, and what a pleasant surprise to have him include this in addition to the Stumpy- which was a real score on its own!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo (16).jpg (111.1 KB, 100 views)
photo (14).jpg (104.2 KB, 90 views)
photo (13).jpg (90.3 KB, 83 views)
photo (21).jpg (106.2 KB, 354 views)

Last edited by orcas island; 09-03-14 at 08:39 PM. Reason: additional photo