View Single Post
Old 09-03-14, 08:30 PM
Vicegrip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am 54, 6 foot tall 180 lb and have been riding for about 3 years. When I started 10 miles was a ride. Now 10 is warming up. The first time I did a century I just made it home and cramped up if I sat down. I did a solo 180 mile ride this last weekend. Came home ate dinner and played with the kids no muss no fuss would have done 200 if the SO had not cooked up a faimly sit down dinner.

Do not limit water! Plan to pee and plan the ride so you have stops for water refilled and bladder draining. I get worried when I stop needing to take a leak every so often. It means I am losing water fastercthan I am replacing it. Once you get behind there is no catching back up. Even whhen drinking lots as you go you can get behind as you can lose water faster than you can replenish it. When you become dehydraded you will bonk out.

Work on a cadence of 80 or a bit more. Drink water so pee clear before you start the ride. Stay up on the water and eat a little every so often. A motrin with a meal after the ride works wonders to reduce inflammation the next day if that is an issue.

Last edited by Vicegrip; 09-03-14 at 08:49 PM.