View Single Post
Old 09-04-14, 09:31 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3907 Post(s)
Liked 4,854 Times in 2,240 Posts
Originally Posted by jjankie
So, get one!
You work for Giro or Bell?

Opinions are like asshales, 'everbody's got 'em', best kept to yourself.

edit: it's my pet peeve, so don't take take it personally. It's intended to be taken collectively by impolite intolerants. Don't waste your energy on me, go pass a law that's universally enforced and you will cut bicycle ridership in half overnight.

re-edit: at a ski area where I patrol, we have a big terrain park, with some big jumps and the usual on slope hazards (rails, etc) in Terrain parks everywhere. 5-6 years ago it was nicknamed the Trauma Park by ski patrol. Next step is Mandatory helmets for park users. So what happened: 1. attendance (in the park) dropped but 2. accidents, including concussions, remained about the same. Fire the risk assessment lawyer and hire a ski veteran for risk assessment. He institutes a 7 minute training video about hazards and how to use/cruise/jump in the park safely and requires EVERY park user attend EVERY ski season. Helmets go from required to desirable. Result = incidents in the park are way down, attendance is up. Every one is happy - except the lawyer who got fired. Education over Regulation in a matter such as this.

Last edited by Wildwood; 09-04-14 at 12:23 PM.