Old 09-04-14, 12:17 PM
RideMyWheel

Bikes: 2014 Felt Z100, 1987 Schwinn Sierra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Three weeks have put this a little more into perspective for me. I was about 14 when he hit it big, definitely presenting a new style for stand-up comedy. We had been listening to Carlin, Pryor, and Steve Martin and thought they were great. Then this ****z showed up. He was frantic, zany, hectic--you had to listen or see a routine three times before you caught every joke or nuance. His mind was cruising in overdrive and we were still in granny gear trying to keep up.

Anyone could re-tell a Carlin story, or act like the "wild and crazy guy." A few of us could do Mudbone or the preacher sketches nearly to perfection and almost get the same laughs. Try as we might, none of us could mimic Robin Williams or pull off any of his jokes. He was an original, never seen before, and a mind like that will never be seen again.

From the female side, Joan Rivers is almost in the same league. Before her, comediennes were physical. They didn't like to let on that they had tremendous brainpower to go along with the rest of their talent. Joan was never afraid to show us that she was one broad who could hold her own with any man. I miss her already.