Old 09-05-14, 09:25 AM
rlp

Bikes: Franco Kanan, Santana Arriva and Beyond Tandems

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TeamG
Thank you for making sense of this....now I get it...the mix and match of MTN bike cassettes with the non 36 tooth Road cog (Shimano) was making me nuts.....probably just stick with the mountain bike cassettes.

Did I hear right on the rumors that Shimano is coming out with a 36 tooth road cassette? Will require a longer hanger over the current Ultegra derailleur?
It is actually our Beyond the Team G was referring to and here are the specs on it:
All mechanical
FD Ultegra triple 53/39/29 (I believe this is correct)
RD XTR 40 -11 (10-speed)
Since we are a big team (pushing 400lbs) we elected to stay with the triple so that we would have a bail out gear. In the 29-40 combo we can spin at about 4.5mph and on the top end we spin out at about 35mph with the 53 -11. I typically ride it like a double using mostly the the big too rings and use the small ring for long climbs. I can trim the system so that doesn't make noise with in the middle ring throughout the full range in the back. I haven't measured the chain deflection to see how bad it is really crossed (anyone know what would be considered the max deflection you should use?) so I am not sure if this is a good idea or not.

When the triple DI gets worked out we may upgrade, then again I can do a lot of shifting for what it would cost for the upgrade.