View Single Post
Old 09-08-14, 08:38 AM
bres dad

Bikes: '84 Paramount, '89 Schwinn 754, '13 Specialized RockHopper, Trek Domane 4.3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
front wheel shuddering while braking

Hello. This has been an annoyance but seems to be getting worse. I have an '84 Paramount than when braking (moderate to heavy) the front wheel, it tends to shudder, similar to a warped disc brake. The bike has RX100 calipers & newer (bought last winter brand new) Vuelta rims. The headset is tight (checked by the LBS), front rim is true, caliper is not loose & brake pads are tight and aligned, hitting about mid rim. I did replace the pads but the shudder was happening before I replaced the pads (the old pads needed replaced anyway). I even went as far as to put a different front wheel from another bike on it and experienced the same thing. I also grabbed the caliper arms and wiggled them to see if one of the arms or something internal on the caliper might be loose but if it is, I can't feel it (it feels the same as if I wiggle the rear or a brake on another bike, including another one with the same RX100 calipers.) Its getting pretty damn annoying. Any ideas?