TransitBiker
contiuniously variable

Bikes: 2012 Breezer Uptown Infinity, Fuji Varsity

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
heh you could say "I haven't had a car in X years. How much have you spent putting gas in your car in that amount of time?"

From this day in 2011 to this same day in 2012, I spent $1,600 in gas for my car. That was before I started even riding regularly, much less commuting. From this day in 2013 to this day today, I have only spend $1,100 in gas. So even that is a good chunk of savings.
Yea, i've spent a sum total of 800 dollars on bike stuff in 13 years. I think only perhaps a honda cub or other 2 stroke vehicles more oft seen in poorer countries could come anywhere close to such low expense. I've never owned or leased a car, and i only drove my one ex's a total of 10 times (mostly to the store .6 miles away from her place) because i wanted to keep my skills sharp.

I ended up driving in snow one day that was 3 inches deep compacted... i decided my skills were sharp enough when i drove one time in that condition going speed limit with no issues in a scion xB. If only more drivers actually cared about driving skill vs "ME FIRST I GOTTA GO OH WAS THAT A STOP SIGN OR RED LIGHT?!!?"

- Andy