Old 09-09-14, 04:51 PM
trailmix

Bikes: 50+/-

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by RubeRad
I have wide feet, like EEE when I was a kid, maybe that got squeezed down to single-E eventually, I find that New Balance are the only brand that I can get a reliably good fit in sneakers, 10.5 D or E or whatever their wide width is.

My cycling shoes are Nashbar/Performance Traverse, that link is all I could find online, maybe they're phasing them out nowadays? Anyways, I bought them from a Performance LBS, I can't remember the cycling shoe size, but on the conversion charts it was equivalent to 11 or 11.5. They've worked well for like 4 years now, I think the important thing is the soft/mesh upper instead of a solid shell of plastic/carbon. Flexibility allows the shows to conform to the feet.

The Traverse are not bad for walking, I do errands with them a lot, and don't even notice them inside stores (with carpet or linoleum), I just get a lot of cleat-scraping on concrete (I've gotten into the habit of walking on paint stripes if I can). I have a standing-desk at work, and sometimes when I come in on the weekend, I work in my riding getup, and I can stand in them for a few hours no problem.
Some, not all, New Balance shoes are available up to EEEE which is what I buy. My foot actually measures 6E.