Old 09-10-14, 12:50 PM
heymatthew

Bikes: Nashbar SSCX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UltraManDan
I am fairly new here and this is a prime example of the only thing I see on this site. No one wants to offer any suggestions in a thread, they just say the bike sucks and keep on trolling. If the thread is redundant of other threads, then a mod should close it.
So after a few weeks of trying to do research on this site I have come to two conclusions:
1. If it's not the kilo TT then it sucks
and
2. There are a lot of overly opinionated people here that offer zero help to us "noobs"

Thanks
Search around. You'll see I'm not the only person that says this. And I explained just a few posts up exactly why I think it's a terrible bike. But, since you're incapable of reading and basic language comprehension over the course of multiple forum posts, I'll say it again:

The frame is probably fine, but will probably be heavier than more expensive counterparts and not have great welds and/or rust protection like a lot of frames have. The components are probably stamped or poorly made, resulting in weakness that will eventually break, especially if there's more than a few miles a week put on them. And God forbid you actually stress them on a decent ride or hill climb because your nuts will eat the top tube when your crank snaps and you plummet to your testicular death. The brakes are most likely lousy... Do I need to go on?

You buy a $200 bike and you're going to get a $200 bike. The Kilo TT is well-liked here because the frame is pretty great and the components are decent for the money.

Buy what you want, I couldn't care less. But the OP asked opinions on that bike. I gave him my opinion.