Old 09-11-14, 06:05 AM
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
Sorry I wasn't more clear. This test was done using 5 different saddles. It was recommended that I wear my regular cycling shorts which happen to be Assos.

The real test is, of course, in riding. But, I thought it was pretty impressive that this could all be computerized and graphically represented. And, because I was his first one he didn't charge me anything and let me try the saddle that seemed to fit best. Will be doing a couple rides this week to see how the results measure up. FWIW we spent about 2 hours with this just because we were both interested in all the nuances. Previously Steve had fit me to a size 58 Masi I had been riding for several years. This time I came in with my new-to-me 54 Guru and he made sure all the stats were transferred to that bike. Again, at no charge. One of the things that became abundantly clear is different positions on the bike can make a serious difference in saddle comfort. I didn't realize how significant this could be. It was a great experience.
Another thing about the Assos. It has a fair amount of padding and that padding moves. I think all padding moves and there's a "sweet spot" that Assos and others consider. On hot and humid days the padding and shorts play an even more important role. I have always felt that the saddle makers and the shorts makers really need to work together. Right now they're "dysfunctional" to a certain degree.