Old 09-12-14, 03:37 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
I'm pretty accepting and tolerant of winter, except for the increased time to dress. I'm actually looking forward to plowing and gently slip-sliding on studded tires in new-fallen snow (but not on a road bike with skinny tires as depicted below).

Boston is known world-wide for its Winter Cycling :-)

Sroga zima parali?uje ameryka?skie miasta

Originally Posted by Motolegs
Looking forward to trying the new studded tires. The dressing up and dressing down is somewhat of a pain. I really don't like getting grime on the bike. Quiet Winter mornings when everything is still are pretty nice.

Winter, a mixed bag, but I'll take it on again.

Edit: The best part is not having to scrape the windshield. Or is it watching others scrape theirs?
+1 to all the above. My pristine carbon fiber bike goes into hibernation from mid-December to April, and I ride the heavy mountain bike.

When cagers rib me about winter riding, I tell them it’s more tolerable to get right on the bike and ride, than to sit in a cold car until it warms up (beyond the scraping and shoveling of the car). And I look forward to that perennial winter commuting question, "You didn't ride your bike today, did you?."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Boston Winter.jpg (31.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg
Boston pollish cycling.jpg (5.1 KB, 282 views)

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 09-12-14 at 04:42 AM.