Quinn8it

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SI Joint Rehab

hey guys-
I've got an issue thats probably weight training related- but affects my cycling, so i thought id look here for some advice.

over the last 2 years I've had low back issues. soreness, stiffness , and medium level pain.
I've always chalked it up to training fatigue, but its slowly progressed over the years. now its pretty bad.

the result of this (in my opinion) is that my deadlift has progressively decreased and hard bike efforts, especially Standing Starts have gotten slower..

I've basically diagnosed myself with an SI Joint problem. Pain appears to be consistent with SI issues, and 2 SI specific stretches i am doing help the issue immediately, but relief doesn't last long..

through my extensive google searching I've found that Reverse Hyper Extensions and GHD seem to be prescribed for Low Back issues and SI Joint problems specifically..

So my issue:
I train at home, and i don't have a Reverse Hyper or GHD.. I do have a Plyo Box that allows me to do a bodyweight RH executed statically, and I've been doing band pull-throughs..

Westside Barbell includes RH's in all their training as rehab, prehab and crucial assistance work for raising deadlift and squat poundage.. but the westside RH is executed with weights and a forward swing at the bottom of the move. The theory is that the swing pumps fluid into the spine and helps regenerate the disc and de-compress the spine... you can only do this move with a $1000+ machine(shipped). RH-2 Rogue Reverse Hyper - Made in the USA

So my question:
has anyone done Westside method and used a proper RH? have you noticed strong regenerative effects that would justify spending $1000 to do this move? or will my static bodyweight RH's, and Band Pull-Throughs get me through this?

im considering adding this GHD if its ever released: Rogue Echo GHD | Rogue Fitness
then i could cover a big range of low back, glute and hamstring work.. but will it get the job done?

thanks!