View Single Post
Old 09-12-14, 11:32 AM
ModeratedUser24102018

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by heymatthew
Keep the bar tape black. You might find some with blue flecks in it or something if you really wanted, but I'd just keep it black.

Also, as far as foot retention. When riding single speed, it's not such a big deal, but riding fixed, you'll enjoy having it. My first fixed gear was an old Royce Union 3-speed conversion that I did and I didn't have any foot retention because I was naive and didn't know what the hell I was doing. A car ran a red light as I was crossing an intersection and out of reflex, I quit pedaling. My feet came off the pedals and the bike kept moving. I ate the **** out of their front quarter panel and tore up a few parts (of me and the bike) in the process.

I learned a lot about foot retention.

I also learned that idiot thug kids that listen to ridiculously loud and ****ty rap music and run red lights will threaten to kill you if you use the right-of-way given you by a green light and hit their car, but you didn't ask for that lesson so I'll save it for another thread.

Get a front brake. Get foot retention. Keep your bar tape black.

EDIT: Get a light, too. I see you have a reflector, but get a blinky light.
i agree with most of that haha, front brake is getting put back on when i get the drops and the proper brakes for those bars. i do have a light but its not really dark when im out atm, not until the winter so i dont need to have it on the bike. its on a rubber strap so i can just clip it on willy nilly. ill look into a blinky light though. black tape yes, foot retention still i dont get why i really need it, if i just stop peddling it stops peddling. but if all of you bike folk insist i must have it im sure it wont hurt to look into it.