Old 09-14-14, 08:13 AM
Willbird

Bikes: 2001 Trek Multitrack 7200, 2104 Fuji Sportif 1.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by baron von trail
Last night we got home late after visiting a sick friend in the hospital. We were pretty hungry. But, it was almost 10pm. I went for some pudding wife made with coconut and oats, threw in some grapes and then walked the dogs for 1/2 hour. When I arrived back, I was still hungry. But, before eating more, I chose to step on the scale. It showed that I was 5# over my morning weight. So, I drank some water with vitamin powder added to it and played on the phone instead of eating a sandwich, chips or something.

I haven't weighed in yet this morning. But, I suspect my weight will have remained the same as yesterday's AM weigh-in or dropped slightly. Had I eaten, I'm certain I'd have gained a pound.
I guess there is a difference between "gross body weight" and "body weight when empty" :-).

[h=2]GVW: Gross Vehicle Weight[/h]
GVW Includes
  • Curb Weight
  • Cargo Weight
  • Persons weight

Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) is the actual weight of the fully loaded vehicle or trailer, including all cargo, fluids, passengers, and optional equipment, as measured by a scale.

[h=2]Dry Weight[/h]Dry Weight is the actual weight of a vehicle or trailer containing standard equipment without fuel, fluids, cargo, passengers, or optional equipment.
We have seen the following variations to this definition:
  • Includes commonly ordered optional equipment
  • Includes fluids of generator and other onboard equipment (oil, coolant, fuel)
  • May or may not include RV batteries
Pay close attention to how the manufacturer defines Dry Weight because this is often used to calculate other weights, such as the cargo carrying capacity or Payload.

In the morning we are often getting a "dry weight".....and it can be very consistent in my experience....it will vary a little, but the GVW which you happen to grab at any point during the day is more of a GVW :-).

It takes 3500 calories to "gain" a pound..............if I consumed two scoops of Metamucil mixed as directed I could "carry" probably a couple pounds for 24 hours as "cargo" :-).

Bill