Old 09-14-14, 09:57 AM
baron von trail 

Bikes: 3 good used ones

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Willbird
I guess there is a difference between "gross body weight" and "body weight when empty" :-).

GVW: Gross Vehicle Weight

GVW Includes
  • Curb Weight
  • Cargo Weight
  • Persons weight

Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) is the actual weight of the fully loaded vehicle or trailer, including all cargo, fluids, passengers, and optional equipment, as measured by a scale.

Dry Weight

Dry Weight is the actual weight of a vehicle or trailer containing standard equipment without fuel, fluids, cargo, passengers, or optional equipment.
We have seen the following variations to this definition:
  • Includes commonly ordered optional equipment
  • Includes fluids of generator and other onboard equipment (oil, coolant, fuel)
  • May or may not include RV batteries
Pay close attention to how the manufacturer defines Dry Weight because this is often used to calculate other weights, such as the cargo carrying capacity or Payload.

In the morning we are often getting a "dry weight".....and it can be very consistent in my experience....it will vary a little, but the GVW which you happen to grab at any point during the day is more of a GVW :-).

It takes 3500 calories to "gain" a pound..............if I consumed two scoops of Metamucil mixed as directed I could "carry" probably a couple pounds for 24 hours as "cargo" :-).

Bill
It's tricky because habits put on pounds not the occasional splurge. Problem is scarf on pizza tonight. What stops you from scarfing on burgers and fries tomorrow?

Also, from my experience, eating tasty junk food usually leaves you feeling hungrier the next day because the food didn't provide any real nourishment. As a result, we pound more calories than we would otherwise need.

Ever since I began eating for nutrition instead of the joy of gorging on fats and sweets: breads mostly; I noticed that I can easily get by on 2000 calories per day. Prior to this new found wisdom, I'd average 4000-5000 per day--hence the major weight gain over the past 5 years.