View Single Post
Old 09-15-14, 07:59 PM
canam73

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by roadwarrior
So I get hooked into riding an event called "Corporate Challenge". It's a pseudo Olympics for companies. All kinds of events from track, to corn hole, to cycling, tug of war, you get it. Something for everyone.

So the cycling event is a six mile time trial. It's on public streets and they are not closed off (but there will be police to attempt to exert some control). Two major intersections (you cross the same street twice, once headed south, then back headed north).

500 (approximately) cyclists. Starting at 15 second intervals. And no drafting.

It's supposed to rain.

I can't wait.

I might have to borrow a camera to video this.

Oh, and time trial bikes are OK...that I cannot wait to see.

Is it this: ISC Corporate Challenge presented by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indiana Sports Corp ?

If so, the rules say 30 seconds between riders.

The course doesn't look that bad assuming the cops do hold up traffic at 30th (is that a problem in Indy? I only do amateur races but they manage to control things in WI).

Considering it is a non-drafting event on a flat course and there doesn't appear to be any corners sharper than 90d, why wouldn't you a time trial bike for a time trial if you have one? And even if you don't, at 30 seconds between riders on a ~15 min course how many do you expect to encounter?