Old 09-15-14, 08:45 PM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by canam73
Well, you may want to look at the course, which is available along with the rules in the link I provided above.

It is not an out-and-back, but a clock wise loop meaning all right hand turns. The only cross traffic that seems possible is on a single street that bisects both halves of the loop, so really not that much to police.

No hills to bomb, and with 30 second gaps I would imagine that any packs that develop will be of the fairly slow moving, non competitive type of riders.

What kind of events do you see these problems in? While I certainly have seen poor drivers react badly when unexpectedly encountering an event, it has not been the norm for the USAC sanctioned races of done or the few non-series races and triathlons I have seen.
USAC, and UCI (TOC, SF Grand Prix (when they had it)). When I was marshaling at TOC Prologue oh the *****ing and whining I heard from people that they had to walk a block to cross the street. If they were in a car I would have no doubt they would have just drove on a course if the Marshal wasn't standing directly in front of them.

Latest example, woman getting around cones and parking it on a street, was from Giro Di SF, a USAC event.

I personally had to dodge a head on with a car this season when this woman somehow made it on a closed course earlier this season.

Of course it isn't the norm, but it also on a fully closed courses (in theory).

Anyway, good luck to you, and I hope it will go without any issues. For me personally it's too much of a risk.