Old 09-16-14, 07:46 PM
Amesja
Cottered Crank

Bikes: 1954 Raleigh Sports 1974 Raleigh Competition 1969 Raleigh Twenty 1964 Raleigh LTD-3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wahoonc
If I want it done right...

My LBS is actually pretty good on most things, especially the newer stuff. There is one mechanic that goes back about as far as I do and can handle IGH stuff. Funny thing it they call me looking to source parts for IGH stuff pretty regularly because they KNOW I know where to find it. I also am their go to guy for dyno lighting, again I know where to source stuff. About the only thing they have that I don't in terms of tools is a Phil Wood Spoke threading machine and some frame tools. They don't do frame repairs outside of tweaking. I believe we have a frame builder in another town about 40 miles away.

Aaron
I was thinking of getting a Hozan myself. A Phil is WAY out of my price range or my needs. I do hate having to run out to buy a single spoke from the LBS for a repair job though. A Hozan would be handy.

When I need a full spokeset I get them from Lee Kilpatrick. Even if I had a Hozan it'd be crazy to cut a full wheel's worth myself. It'd take forever. Lee has a turnaround time of a couple of days.