View Single Post
Old 09-17-14, 06:06 AM
WonderMonkey

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 36 Posts
UPDATE: This starts THIS COMING Saturday and because of me being out of town I'm going to miss 4 days. Still doable but above anything I've done on the bike yet. The new miles per day needed will be 27.19. I know I won't be doing that each day so I'll have to get ahead of the curve right away. And as I stated elsewhere I don't want to just rack up the miles (that's good as well) but I want to do ride more and ride consistently. I'm doing "ok" at that now but I want to do better.

"Success" for me will be to get on the bike as much as I can and not fail to get out because of weak excuses.

"Ultimate Triumph" for me will be to achieve the below challenge without doing a bunch of large rides to get there.

"True Love" is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe. - Miracle Max

Originally Posted by WonderMonkey
I am going to participate in Strava's "Eddy Merckx 1969 Challenge", which basically is to ride 700km in 20 days. That is 434.96 (435 ) miles to me. On average that equates to 21.748 miles per day. This seems to be a bit of cream-puff goal to associate Eddy Merckx to but for me it is something that I feel I can do if I bear down.

I have to decided if I am going to do it in big chunks or if I'm going to try and actually do 21.748 miles per day. I think what I'm going to try and accomplish is 25 miles per day which will build a small cushion for days I don't get out. I'm sure in there I'll throw in a longer ride but I would rather have the consistency of getting out.