Old 09-17-14, 12:55 PM
Null66

Bikes: Built up DT, 2007 Fuji tourer (donor bike, RIP), 1995 1220 Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeRides
How about sticking with 20 miles a day and throw in a metric century on the weekends when free time allows to give you a little of a cushion for the days you miss? One day at a time...

Speaking of which, I'm not going to be officially part of the Strava challenge since I have no way to record my rides, but I'm using the idea as further motivation to get out to ride and plan to start out ahead with my first solo century this Saturday...assuming my LBS has a set of tires in stock as I've noticed this morning my stock ones are shot. I abused the heck out of them by going off curbs and riding off road, so I'm not too surprised they only lasted ~2500 miles. I'm considering a pair of 700x28 gatorskins for flat protection and less rolling resistance on the roads but also should be safe off-road (limestone/gravel trails).
I tried 32's gators when I attempted the 200k. Didn't feel as much difference as I thought I would. Put the 38 Marathons 420 front, Plus on rear after a couple slide outs in rain once and crud washed onto road by storms. Next spring I might try vaunted Paselas for the next 200k attempt.

I'm not up for a mileage challenge of such a degree. However, seeing you guys makes me kick it up a notch. Took upcoming Friday off originally to do a "easy" solo century, but invited Mary, then she got sick!

So Century is put off until Sunday, we'll meet at the American Tobacco Trail Friday and do a couple laps.. Rise donuts and coffee for breakfast and pizza and beer for lunch!
So might get around 150 in 3 days!