Old 09-17-14, 01:41 PM
WonderMonkey

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeRides
How about sticking with 20 miles a day and throw in a metric century on the weekends when free time allows to give you a little of a cushion for the days you miss? One day at a time...

Speaking of which, I'm not going to be officially part of the Strava challenge since I have no way to record my rides, but I'm using the idea as further motivation to get out to ride and plan to start out ahead with my first solo century this Saturday...assuming my LBS has a set of tires in stock as I've noticed this morning my stock ones are shot. I abused the heck out of them by going off curbs and riding off road, so I'm not too surprised they only lasted ~2500 miles. I'm considering a pair of 700x28 gatorskins for flat protection and less rolling resistance on the roads but also should be safe off-road (limestone/gravel trails).
I am probably going to have to follow your advice of 20 a day and then a longer ride to fill in the miles per day missed. It's probably what is achievable and still allows me to be consistent.

As far as Strava I don't know if it allows you to just type in a workout with no GPS but I'd look into it.

I like the gatorskins I've had in the past.