View Single Post
Old 09-17-14, 03:13 PM
soulbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, it's not how you described it. We actually made V3 and also V5 samples but they turned out horribly. Sometimes what you thing will look good like your formulaic light colors on top doesn't really work in real life.

So we keep changing till we get something that works. The anniversary kit is a completely different design to the other ones, not sure I would go so far as saying it's not particularly attractive, mayb to you it isn't since it is a subjective thing.

I'm not a fan of the bulge at the stomach either but if you race a lot and ride in hot climates like here, the full sip is actually very useful.

Originally Posted by kbarch
Interesting. I liked V3 and V4. You had a concept and refined it, but then it seemed like you went too far and V5 just seemed like capitulation to convention - something one can get anywhere, from anyone. Boring. This latest is something new. Very distinctive. Not particularly attractive, but I can imagine they'd have a lot of appeal to fans of the Soul brand.

Generally speaking, with blocks of color, jerseys always look best with the lighter, brighter color on top, over the shoulders and darker and less saturated colors on bottom. Also, I prefer a 3/4 zip - don't like the way full zips bunch up at the bottom.