View Single Post
Old 09-17-14, 04:51 PM
kbarch

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by soulbike
Well, it's not how you described it. We actually made V3 and also V5 samples but they turned out horribly. Sometimes what you thing will look good like your formulaic light colors on top doesn't really work in real life.

So we keep changing till we get something that works. The anniversary kit is a completely different design to the other ones, not sure I would go so far as saying it's not particularly attractive, mayb to you it isn't since it is a subjective thing.

I'm not a fan of the bulge at the stomach either but if you race a lot and ride in hot climates like here, the full sip is actually very useful.
Being what they call a "design professional," namely an architect, I'm vey interested in this phenomenon of drawing something and it not turning out as expected when actually produced. What was so horrible about the designs? I think the templates don't take form fitting into account very well, and lines and composition often don't work nearly as well once the design is put on a body.
Regarding the anniversary jersey, I think it would appeal to fans of your brand. But if someone doesn't know or get that it is so self-referential, one would be hard pressed to appreciate the combination of colors, fonts and composition on purely visual merits. It is obviously trying to say something specific (or pretending to), indifferent to the comprehension of an uninitiated eye. It's not bad looking, but it lacks broad appeal. That's all I meant.