Old 09-18-14, 06:09 PM
LtBattleBadger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to touring, setup advice please!

Hello!

I am looking for suggestions on what kind of bike set up would be best for my particular situation. I am actually in the process of building a lightweight(ish) trailer camper to be pulled behind my bike. When its done and fully loaded with gear it'll probably tip the scales around 150-200lbs depending if I want to put solar power in it or not. I know, I know, panniers and tent camping would be lighter and easier and is tried and true. But I guess this is just one of those things that I want to do just because the idea hit me and I won't be satisfied until I try! Plus, It should end up being way comfy, which will be appreciated after a long day of pulling it lol.

Here are some sneak peaks of the progress so far, not to get too off topic:

So, I am wanting some advice on what kind of bike set up would work best to pull that guy. My normal terrain I am assuming would most likely be tarmac, but I may also find myself off the beaten path on dirt or unpaved roads. Hauling a trailer I can't imagine I will be trying to go anywhere worse than a dirt/unpaved road. obviously hills are a concern. As well as proper braking for downhills. Assuming disc brakes front and back.

Thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20140917_133232_886.jpg (92.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20140914_022256_157.jpg (88.2 KB, 11 views)