Old 09-19-14, 05:16 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by gsa103
Perhaps buying parts from a UK vendor was not the best choice in that case. What if your order had been held up in customs for a week?

You gambled on trying to save some money and lost. It happens.
I kind of come down on this side of the fence. I have ordered many times from Ribble in fact and did so a couple of months ago and they got my order perfect...involved mixture of DA and Ultegra derailleurs. They have shipped thousands of parts to the US and probably get is right 99.9% of the time which btw isn't easy. And of course it sucks if they don't but we buy from there because of cost so no it won't have the convenience of a US seller for exchange, refund etc....the tradeoff in the remote event they get the order wrong.

And even if they won't make it right in a timely manner, just flip the parts on ebay and you may even turn a profit.
I would say new bike parts on ebay are higher cost than similar parts purchased from Ribble even factoring in shipping.

In fact, I wonder how many purchase from Ribble and flip on US ebay and make a little money at it in spite of eBay's exorbitant selling fees?

Last edited by Campag4life; 09-19-14 at 05:21 AM.