Old 09-19-14, 06:01 PM
Fissile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
The victim is partly to blame. She stepped off of a curb into a roadway without looking both ways. This is not criminal but it is potentially deadly. Does not matter one hoot who is right or wrong. The result is the same. Paying attention to her surroundings ABSOLUTELY would have saved her. If you pay attention I won't have to feel sorry for you since only meteorites, falling airplanes, and hit men are likely to kill you. The cyclist was THERE and visible to any human being. This particular human being did not look. She likely trusted some stupid light that said "Walk". She is legally right, and almost legally dead. If she could have a do-over I think she would pay closer attention while crossing that road.

You are sleeping in your bed and a dump truck loses control and crashes through the wall of your bedroom and kills you - THEN you are an innocent victim.

We must make an attempt to NOT be a victim when out of out beds or we are partly to blame for the results.
Where did you did you get your J.D.? Hollywood Upstairs School of Law? If I were you, I'd ask for my tuition to be refunded. If it can be proven that he saw this woman, and had time to take evasive action, AND REFUSED TO TAKE EVASIVE, action because he had the 'right of way', he's going to held liable for her death.